Theodore's Books is a team of people-oriented, book lovers working hard to become the Long Island's premier bookstore. We are eager to build a team of talented, innovative, and driven individuals who have a passion for people, books, community, and culture. If you are proactive, have an attention to detail, and are eager to make an impact on people we encourage you to apply.
- Perform all aspects of working in a bookstore, including but not limited to providing excellent customer service, ringing up purchases, placing special orders, looking up books, answering the phone and responding to emails, and maintaining a clean and attractive store environment.
- Able to perform opening and closing store responsibilities, including counting the cash drawer, running daily reports, etc.
- Assist in shelving books and calling customers who placed special orders
- Participate in monthly book picks, attend staff meetings, and complete other general staff obligations
- Assist and support with on and off-site store events, gatherings, and book clubs
- Assist in general store cleaning (vacuuming, sweeping, mopping, and dusting) and straightening (shelves, displays, and register areas).
- Create a welcoming environment for customers where you engage with them and share your love and knowledge of books and make relevant recommendations
- Provide excellent customer service by addressing requests and resolving problems
- Additional responsibilities as assigned